Sunday 10 April 2016

Typography

The font used here is the same font used on my digipak, Old London.
I did this not only to create synergy with my digipak and music video and to also create a sort of logo for the artist, but also because it fits the genre conventions. Specifically for this portion of the video where it is very mysterious and black and white, the gothic font creates a dark feel common in the alternative hip hop genre.

Here I use moving typography. The font I used here is the font I originally used for the first draft of my digipak but ended up scrapping. The reason I use it here is because it fits very well. The text is distorted and "wobbly" which lends perfectly into it being moving text. It is also an outlined font rather than filled it which also works very well as an overlay on top of a video. 

The typography that also appears during this is a more official Artist/Song/Label text used to tell the audience information, I wanted it to be a thin simple text so it doesn't distract from the main text.


During the very bright flashing scenes during the "Triple Six" lyrics, I use the font RunnySoup to represent the numbers. I used this because it looks very unhinged and crazy. Out of context of the name of the font it, the way the font looks is very applicable to my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment