Sunday 10 April 2016

Skits

To help carry the narrative and improve the way things transistion into one another, I added short skit like additions to my video which arent normally in the song.

These are the intro and the transition into the insane cell.

Intro

Firstly, the intro to my video. This is something I added to the video to establish the chracter and the mood of the video. The song starts very aggressively but I didn't want my music video to because I want it to build up, that's why I added in more slower paced clips to the beginning. This idea and the sound I actually used, was borrowed from the official video for this song.

The into shows the character mysteriously hanging around what looks like an abandoned building. The audience doens't know who he is or what to think of him, but learns more and more about him through how he acts and the images that flash upon the screen.

Transition into the cell



In the next "skit" we see the video and music start to cut out and glitch. It then cuts to black.
We then see the person getting pushed in a cell with a straitjacket on. The screen cuts to black again and then cuts back and the music starts playing again.

This has two effects. The audience initially thinks the video cuts out and are confused but then they see it has continued. Then, the audience wonders if the whole thing has been something someone has been watching, like CCTV or something and if it is part of a story or if it is just a transition into the next scene. During the short clip in the cell, I use the same music as the intro but with sound effects of a door slamming and the person hitting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment