Sunday 10 April 2016

Clips Used in my Music Video

In my video, I wanted to use many outsources video clips to create a very violent and crazy aesthetic. I would have filmed them all myself but with my budget I can't really film any violent robberies, polices chases or explosions.
Some of the clips or images I have used is also for contextual reasons and not just for the way it looks.

1.)
Firstly, during the first "Triple 6, 5, Forked Tongue" I weaved in some footage from the music video of KRS One's "Sound of da Police".


There are two reasons why I chose this.
One, the video has a great shot of a police car driving along with sirens flashing and there is also a shot of the rapper going crazy at the camera, these are great additions to my video.
Two, this adds some intetextuality to my video. KRS One is a old skool hip hop artist. The group that made Takyon also reference another old skool hip hop group EPMD in this very song.

2.)
During the other times where a police siren plays, I have added footage from the movie Nightcrawler where there is an excellant and violent police chase. I added some shots of this to my video and added effects to make them look low budget and more like my own.



3.)
These are the main/most important clips I used throughout my video. Here are some other clips I used.

Footage of a real police shootout
To continue with the police theme and the violence.

Russian soldiers marching
I used this to match with the "Militant march of this war" lyrics.

A massive fire at a night club
I used this just to have footage of fire come up when it is mention on the track.

"X-Ray" of someone getting getting shot through the skull in a video game
I used this because it is very violent and goes along with the lyrics of cracking skulls. I used this twice, once zoomed in on the skull in black and white with a filter and the second time was even more zoomed in and angled with a red filter.

Footage of airstrikes & Firing squad executions
Goes along with the violence and some of the military themes toward the end.

Footage of lightning & Footage of a snake flicking it's tongue
For both of these I used multiple filters and opacity overlays to make them apart of my own clips rather than standing out. The lightning was cropped and used as a special effect and the snake was overlayed to match the "Forked tongue" lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment